Quiqup is on a mission to (re)shape the future of commerce. And we’re using the last mile to get there.
We call what we do Logistics as a Service. What that means is simple - we enable businesses of all shapes and sizes to get what they sell into the hands of people who want to buy quickly and conveniently. All without having to build your own tech, fleet or customer support. We take care of all that.
We take care of everything: from full-service software packages to a fleet of Quiqees that navigate the streets and personally hand over the parcel at the door. For large enterprises we create bespoke solutions that meet shoppers’ ever-increasing demands. For small businesses, we offer speedy integrations that turn their shop into a warehouse to instantly open them up to a wider customer base. Customers can select custom pick-ups and drop-offs around the city, all at the touch of a button. With a delivery solution that suits everyone, we’re transforming the way goods move about our streets for better cities, better business and all round better living.
We have a “get things done” mentality, and always seek to find iterative solutions to problems, we aim to fail fast, fail often and fail forward. Getting things done is easier when we have fun, we’re serious about delivering great work, but just as serious about enjoying the process. Our team is primed for a great leader to unlock the full potential.
What you will be doing
- Continuously improving processes, management methodologies, organisational structure in engineering department.
- Work with the CTO to actively contribute to tech-wide and company-wide strategies, changes, improvements.
- Collaborate with Tech and Product to plan and drive product development and technical roadmaps. Ensuring tech teams have clear goals, roadmaps, and priorities that are well informed by and socialized with partners and peers across the organization.
- Contributing to and driving architectural decisions with a focus on the product and business needs now and in the future.
- Ensuring high quality and timely roadmap execution across multiple teams.
- Building and nurturing highly motivated productive tech teams: hiring, motivating, growing teams and their leaders; line-managing engineers and engineering managers.
- Ensuring teams are continuing to improve through objective setting and monitoring, postmortems, retrospectives, and future priorities.
- Designing repeatable, scalable processes, ceremonies, and methodologies that enable teams to autonomously set appropriate expectations, manage risks, manage resource allocation (aka manage the balance of scope/ schedule/ resources), and remove blockers.
- Managing tech budgets and tech vendors.
What we expect
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams in a startup environment, implementing re-organisation or continuous improvements in a technology department.
- Experience in managing multiple cross functional and remote teams, leading both engineers and engineering managers.
- Exceptional technical background, demonstrated in past engineering leadership roles with a clear impact towards achieving business goals.
- Extensive experience in managing relationships with business and operational stakeholders, working with C-level leaders.
- Proven track record in technical direction when managing company wide technical and product roadmaps, including managing high risk large scale technical projects.
- Experience in applying Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on lean thinking and quick iterations.
- Experience with B2B systems, working with enterprise customers, supporting integrations/APIs would be desirable
Who we are looking for
- You are someone who thrives in a fast paced and
- high pressured environment. You want to improve things and like to be consistently challenged and in an environment where you have to create the tools to produce amazing work.
- You have the ability to stay calm and deal well with changing workloads, bring order to potential chaotic situations and unblocking teams and the organization as a whole.
- You love working with people and you are good at motivating them. People, especially engineers, love working with you.
- You have proven ability to influence others and facilitate agreement among team members and stakeholders with conflicting views.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to think outside the box. You are willing to get your hands dirty and steer organisations on the path to growth.
- The potential to build something transformational and set the organisation for exponential growth
- The opportunity to be part of a tight-knit team
- The freedom to shape a space still in its infancy
- The chance to do something you’ll tell stories about
- An independent and autonomous company culture
- An invitation to make an impact from Day 1
- An international and diverse group of people - 30 nationalities and counting
- And the usual stuff - competitive compensation package, pension, office dogs and all the rest